Friday 27 March 2009



I've been very domesticated this past week, shopping, cooking, visiting my old ladies. I find grocery shopping very boring, so to make the almost day long shopping expedition at all interesting we have a meal at a restaurant. The Shropshire/Welsh Marches are famous for the many good restaurants and food shops; we have a veritable foodie paradise here.

The Pound Inn at Leebotwood on the A49 between Church Stretton and Shrewsbury has a pleasant atmosphere, friendly service and a menu that reads like a dream.

The day after was free so I spent the whole morning cooking: a large meatloaf filled with roasted peppers and aubergines and an equally large chicken thigh casserole with vegetables. When I have spare time I often cook dishes which go into the freezers;  my own "ready meals", which come in very useful when I want to do other things. We very rarely buy in ready meals, I love to cook and entertain; I count having a well-stocked larder and freezer amongst life's pleasures. Naturally, I also love to eat good food.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are good, I like to know what you think of my posts. I know you'll keep it civil.